Are you a self-driven person looking to advance your career as a high-impact player on a team? If so, we have an exciting challenge for you and your future!
HP Hood’s culture is built on value commitments to innovation, quality, results, integrity, community, people, and collaboration that fosters a strong employee engagement, teamwork, safety and wellness.
We offer a competitive benefits package that includes health, dental, vision, wellness programs, tuition reimbursement, employee discount programs, 401k matches and more.
Founded in 1846, today HP Hood is one of the largest and most trusted food and beverage manufacturers in the United States. Our portfolio of national and super-regional brands and licensed products includes Hood, Heluva Good, Lactaid, Blue Diamond Almond Breeze, Planet Oat, Hershey’s Milk & Milkshakes and more.
The Shipper position has a variety of different assignments which are assigned based on the training level of the employee and business needs in support of achieving the goals of the Barre, VT Warehouse. This job description is meant to serve as an outline of the duties and responsibilities that a Shipper may be required to perform during the course of their work-day.
Shift: 3:00am to 1:00pm, Monday-Saturday with Sunday and two rotating days off during the week.
- Review load sheets for delivery routes and verify correct product(s) and amounts are loaded to assigned trailers.
- Rotate product in warehouse to ensure that the correct coded product is shipped to eliminate waste and minimize returns.
- Continuously check for and remove damaged goods to ensure that only quality product is being shipped to customers.
- Load each product according to assigned specification/diagram safely using a variety of motorized equipment such as pushers, squeeze trucks, fork trucks and pallet jacks. Ensure that the proper load bars are in place and the loads are evenly distributed.
- Send loads that are accurate while maintaining a pace that is efficient.
- Accurately identify, select/pick inventory for loading and staging based on customer load sheets. This process may involve “picking” corrugated and un-corrugated product (up to 45 lbs) from shelves, pushing/pulling of 7’ high cases of products (up to 200 lbs) and other packaged and un-packaged product. Process also includes placing products on wheeled racks 5 ½ feet high and moving throughout warehouse.
- Unload trucks/trailers using a hook or pallet jack. Physical labor involved in this activity varies, but can involve pushing/pulling 7 high milk cases (up to 200 lbs) and metal racks (800 lbs).
- Pull empty and full milk cases stacked 7 high (up to 200 lbs) with repetition.
- Manually remove product from conveyor system, then package and/or stage in an efficient manner to maintain production flow requirements.
- Dispose of returned product by manually dumping into disposal system using repetitive motion.
- Wash trailers/trucks after unloading empty cases.
- Work in a cooperative manner with managers, supervisors and peers.
Follow all company safety policies and procedures.
- Execute assigned duties with minimal supervision.
- Available for required overtime to support business needs and/or critical situations.
- Perform assigned duties satisfactorily and in a timely manner.
- Perform assigned duties following "Good Manufacturing Practices.”
- Actively participate in special teams representing the warehouse department.
- Maintain a clean & safe work environment.
- Perform all other related duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- GED or High School Diploma.
- Reading & writing proficiency (English language) and ability to identify colors.
- Basic math skills.
- Ability to work well as part of a team.
- Good communication skills.
- Multi-tasked Individual.
- Ability to work independently with little supervision
- Ability to move at a quick pace.
- Standing: Long periods (up to 8 hours).
- Sitting: Rarely, unless assigned to operate fork-lift or similar equipment.
- Walking: Frequently.
- Bending, Twisting & Stretching: Frequently.
- Lifting: Heavy (50+ lbs): frequently.
- Carrying: Heavy (40-60 lbs): frequently.
- Pushing/Pulling: up to approximately 200 lbs drag weight without assistance: frequently and wheeled weight up to approximately 1000 lbs: occasionally.
- Environment: Refrigerated and non-refrigerator areas with temperature variations from 34 to 85 degrees Fahrenheit.
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)