|Job Title||Bakery Service Leader- Hannaford|
|Full/Part Time Status||Full-Time|
|Address||Route 100, 80 Fairground Plaza|
|Description||Job Title: Bakery Service Leader |
Primary Purpose: Perform duties that ensure department appearance, quality, variety, safety, and food safety are consistently maintained at the highest level. Demonstrate a strong culture in support of Hannaford Strategy. Build customer relations and provide enthusiastic customer awareness.
Essential Job Functions:
1. Supervise performance of all duties and responsibilities of all bakery associates as assigned by management.
2. Provide outstanding friendly customer service. .Communicate with and assist customers in selection of product.
3. Use good judgment in the delegation, assignment, and follow-up required for the efficient performance of the department.
4. Package and display products according to standard practice and our automated production program, taking customer demands into consideration.
5. Perform assigned tasks such as replenishing merchandise, preparation of products or setting up displays, etc.
6. Process merchandise properly, paying special attention to rotation of products according to prescribed standards.
7. Retrieve and organize bakery product loads.
8. Use RF (Radio Frequency) unit as part of daily activity.
9. Assist in effectively ordering and maintaining inventory control to maximize sales and limit shrink issues.
10. Maintain accurate, neat records of production, shrink, sales and inventory.
11. Wash, rinse, and sanitize equipment in accordance with company guidelines.
12. Frost, base ice, and decorate all varieties of cakes. Personalize when necessary.
13. Must be able to meet the physical requirements of the position, with or without reasonable accommodations.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Observe and follow all company policies and established procedures.
2. Maintain a neat and well-groomed personal appearance at all times and comply with personal appearance policy.
3. Assist in special projects and perform other functions as assigned by supervision.
4. Assist in training other associates when assigned and certified.
5. Maintain solid communication in the department and throughout the organization.
6. Work within our company's management planning guidelines to maintain productivity.
7. Support company safety standards. Communicate any needed equipment repairs or maintenance work needed. Keep work area free from debris and safety hazards.
8. Treat all co-workers with fairness, dignity, and respect.
9. Develop product knowledge in all areas of Bakery Department (rolls, desserts, cakes, muffins, bagels, coffees, platters, etc.).
10. Observe and maintain company sanitation and food safety standards.
11. Have total understanding of department's standard practice manual and its contents.
12. Maintain quality of department's appearance and presentation.
13. Perform all other duties as assigned.
-Effective communication, customer service, and selling skills.
-Effective interpersonal skills and desire to work in a team environment.
-Demonstrated ability and willingness to learn multiple tasks and technical requirements of the job.
-Ability to lead and direct others.
-Must meet minimum age requirements.
1. Perform repetitive grasping, pinching, squeezing, and hand/arm motions while standing/walking the majority of the shift.
2. Lift up to 30 lbs. 40% of the time and up to 40 lbs. occasionally.
3. Reach to shoulder level or overhead on occasion while lifting up to 20 lbs. on occasion.
4. Tolerate working in extreme hot/cold temperatures for up to 20 minutes at a time.
5. Use their hands to operate controls, feel objects and use tools to prepare products.
6. Be able to handle a variety of substances associated with cleaning materials, packaging materials and food products.