The essential function of our Host Person is greeting and escorting guests to tables in the restaurant and maintaining a courteous and efficient operation of the dining room to ensure guest satisfaction.
Regular attendance in conformance with the standards, which may be established from time to time, is essential to the successful performance of this position.
Employees with irregular attendance will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, employees may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel.
Upon employment, all employees are required to fully comply with rules and regulations for the safe and efficient operation of hotel facilities. Employees who violate Hotel rules and regulations will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
In addition to performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of the following supportive functions, with the percentage of time performing each function to be solely determined by the supervisor based upon the particular requirements of the hotel.
* Maintain an open line of communication between guests, management and line employees.
* Carry coffee and/or teapots throughout outlet, refilling guests' cups as requested.
* Perform other related duties as assigned.
We are an affirmative action employer
EOE/M/F/VExperience and Skills:
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
* Knowledge of restaurant operations, to include appropriate staffing levels, service equipment and guest relations.
* Ability to read the English language to fully comprehend guest requests, memos, reservations, promotional materials, event orders and similar written materials.
* Ability to speak the English language sufficient to conduct small employee meeting to impart new information.
* Ability to remember, recite and promote the variety of menu items.
* Ability to move throughout a crowded room to seat guest.
* Ability to effectively deal with customer complaints and concerns in a friendly and positive manner. This involves listening to the nature of the concern, demonstrating empathy with the customer and providing positive and proactive solutions.
Any combination of education, training and experience equivalent to graduation from high school that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
Restaurant experience preferred.
We are an affirmative action employer.
Medical, dental and vision insurance. 401K