This job description is meant to serve as an outline of the duties and responsibilities of a Cleaning Specialist required to perform during the course of their workday, but is not all inclusive of the Cleaning Specialist responsibilities. Scheduled days off are Sundays and Thursdays but are subject to change depending on business needs (Projects, Holidays, Vacations, etc.).
This position is responsible for the safe cleaning and sanitizing of internal and external parts of Production equipment. As well as other surfaces such as walls and floors.
General Job Functions:
- Complete paperwork as per government regulations and HP HOOD requirements.
- Safely operate alsl assigned equipment following JHA requirements.
- Comply with all policies and guidelines outlined for production and sanitation processes.
- Participate in cross training efforts to maximize departmental efficiency.
- Work in a cooperative manner with managers, supervisors and peers.
- Follow all company safety policies and procedures. Able to demonstrate knowledge of safety areas reviewed in the safety orientation program.
- Must be able to adapt to changing production schedule as necessary.
- Execute assigned duties with minimal supervision.
- Available for required overtime to support business needs and/or critical situations.
- Perform assigned duties satisfactorily and in a timely manner.
- Perform assigned duties following “good manufacturing practices”
- Maintain a clean & safe work environment.
- Perform all other related duties as assigned.
- Clean and sanitize equipment using the CIP system to clean internal surfaces areas and manually cleaning the exterior surfaces along with the surrounding walls and floor areas.
- CIP Connections (hook-up and disassembly)
- Manually clean, using specific brushes, the exterior of the equipment.
- Manually clean the walls and floor area.
- Disassemble and place in the COP tank all parts which require disassembly.
- Return all cleaning equipment to its appropriate area.
- Take out trash.
- Other duties as assigned or necessitated by change or condition.
- GED or High School Diploma.
- Prior experience in a manufacturing setting preferred
- Basic Computer Skill preferred
- Ability to work well with people.
- Communication skills are a must.
- Multi-tasked Individual.
- Ability to work independently and in a team based atmosphere.
- Manufacturing environment.
- Varying noise, heat levels and wet surfaces.
- Responsibilities allow occasional opportunity for varying work routine
- Standing: Long periods (a minimum of 8+ hours)
- Sitting: Occasionally for short periods
- Walking: Long periods
- Bending: Frequently
- Twisting of Spine: Frequently
- Lifting: Heavy (50+ lbs) frequently
- Carrying: Heavy (40-60 lbs) frequently distance
- Pushing/Pulling: under 75 lbs without assistance frequently
- Support SQF by maintaining food safety and food quality through completing job tasks and maintaining the work area in a sanitary manner.
- Support biosecurity and GMP measures.
- Maintaining the Master Sanitation Schedule
- Maintaining the cleaning and sanitation programs
- Report food safety problems to personnel with authority to initiate action.
- Backup: Other Cleaning Specialists and/or Working Supervisor-Sanitation
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
HP HOOD LLC IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER FEMALE/MINORITY/VETERAN/DISABLED
"VEVRAA FEDERAL CONTRACTOR"