Founded in 1846, today HP Hood is one of the largest and most trusted food and beverage manufacturers in the United States. Our portfolio of national and super-regional brands and licensed products includes Hood, Heluva Good, Lactaid, Blue Diamond Almond Breeze, Hershey’s Milk & Milkshakes and more.
The Route Driver family of positions requires a current valid CDL, a satisfactory MVR (Motor Vehicle Record), an up-to-date medical card, and one years’ driving experience or equivalent classroom qualification. Must have a neat, clean appearance and the ability to pass a DOT (Department of Transportation) exam.
- Responsible for the safe operation of the Company vehicle while complying with all company, State and Federal regulations.
- Have a good, working knowledge of the assigned delivery route and be familiar with product handling requirements.
- Must represent the Company in a courteous, ethical and professional manner at all times.
- Must keep a vehicle operation log and report any necessary maintenance or other problems to the Distribution Supervisor daily and complete all necessary reports as required by DOT and HP Hood LLC.
- Deliver all products ordered in a timely manner and advise the Distribution Supervisor of any recommendations for improvements or problems needing attention on a daily basis.
- Keep accurate, daily records of accounts and collected cash.
- Must be able to work independently while supporting the Distribution Department.
- Work in a cooperative manner with managers, supervisors and peers.
- Follow all company safety policies and procedures. Able to demonstrate knowledge of safety areas reviewed in the safety orientation program.
- Execute assigned duties with minimal supervision.
- Perform assigned duties satisfactorily and in a timely manner.
- Maintain a clean & safe work environment
- Perform all other related duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent.
- Current, valid CDL-A license.
- Must be able to work weekends and holidays
- Must be able to drive a standard truck.
- Must be 21 years or older.
- Must have 1 year Class A driving experience or equivalent.
- Clean motor vehicle record.
- Reading & writing proficiency (English language) and ability to identify colors.
- Basic math skills.
- Ability to work well as part of a team.
- Good communication skills.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
HP HOOD LLC IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER FEMALE/MINORITY/VETERAN/DISABLED
"VEVRAA FEDERAL CONTRACTOR"