Ensure cleanliness of guest floor corridors, foyers, stairwells, and public vending areas, and assists room attendants in order to maintain high standards of quality.
Responsibilities and Duties:
* Stock linen closets with amenities and supplies for room attendants; may include taking supplies directly to room attendants.
* Empty room attendant carts of soiled linen and trash.
* Clean and remove spots from corridor walls and door. Polish and clean mirrors, room numbers on guest room doors, and elevator doors.
* Vacuum, sweep, and/or mop hallways, stairwells, vending areas, and foyers.
* Flip mattresses and move furniture as assigned by supervisor.
* Assist room attendants with removal of trash and linen from guest rooms during high occupancy turnover.
* Assist carpet cleaner with relocation of furniture. Respond to guest questions. Provide guest assistance, directions, and information as requested.
* Provide instruction and/or guidance for guest and employee safety in fire or other emergency situations.
* Other duties as assigned such as assisting room attendants or A.M. lobby attendants when requested.
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation.
* Knowledge of stain removal and chemical cleaning agents, and operation of different types of equipment.
* Ability to lift, bend, stoop, walk, push or pull heavy equipment, and stand for extended periods of time. Lifting may include equipment or furniture weighing up to 100 lbs.
* Ability to comprehend and follow instructions.
* Ability to learn and apply hazardous chemical training standards during new hire introductory period.
* Basic ability to comprehend the English language sufficient to understand and communicate information for reasons such as safety and security; for example, product safety labels and emergency instructions.
* Regular attendance in conformance with the standards, which may be established from time to time, is essential to the successful performance of this position.
* Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, associates may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel. This includes nights, weekends and/or holidays.
* All employees must maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance (specific standards available).
* Employee is always required to take on the responsibility and wear appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) as determined by position and duties.
* Complies with health and safety rules, regulations and procedures to maintain a safe environment