To monitor, maintain, repair and carry out the preventative maintenance program on the hotel's heating, ventilation and air conditioning requirement.
Responsibilities and Duties:
* Respond to customer calls and complaints to correct temperature conditions in a positive, polite and timely manner.
* Monitor public space temperatures, making appropriate adjustments when necessary and start/stop fans as required.
* Interact with the Operation Engineer and assist in star-up, shut down and operation of all HVAC equipment, visually inspect gauges, dials and mechanical equipment, make basic mathematical calculations, and move and climb on all types of uneven surfaces.
* Must lift objects weighing up to 100 lbs. to waist height
* Work in extreme hot, cold and wet conditions
* Grasp and manipulate tools and materials and have excellent finger dexterity.
* Work with refrigerants, oils, solvents and chemicals.
* Perform scheduled and non-scheduled maintenance on all heating, ventilation, air conditioning and related equipment.
* Identify and troubleshoot problems, make repairs as follows; replace mechanical seals, repack pumps and valves, replace bearings and belts and check for proper alignment.
* Repair fan coil units, make minor sheet metal repairs, braze and solder, calibrate controls.
* Work on pressure vessels, replace piping and fittings and maintain appropriate records of preventative maintenance and repairs.
In addition to performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of the following supportive functions, with the percentage of time performing each function to be solely determined by the supervisor based upon the requirements of the hotel.
* Assist with requests to shut off steam, water and gas supplies
* Assist in the monitoring and maintenance of standpipe, sprinkler and interior fire alarm systems.
* Change filters on HVAC and fan coil units
Experience and Skills
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
* Knowledge of HVAC systems including repair and maintenance and basic electric and plumbing skills.
* Knowledge of OSHA standards for chemical use.
* Skill in the use of hand and power tools (drills, hoisting equipment, reciprocating saw, and pressure washing equipment): dial indicators and testing equipment for air, water balancing and control calculations.
* Basic mathematical skill in the use of a calculator to prepare moderately complex mathematical calculations.
* Basic English language communication skills in order to communicate with customers and co-workers fully understand job assignments and follow manufacturer's instructions.
* Ability to push/pull, grasp, lift and /or carry supplies or equipment weighing up to 100 lbs., occasionally waist high.
* Ability to climb stairs and ladders, working at heights up to approximately 30 feet.
* Ability to perform tasks while consistently bending, stooping, kneeling or standing while supporting additional weight up to 80 lbs.
* Ability to move and work throughout the hotel for the duration of the shift.
* Ability to work in unfavorable conditions, which can occasionally be hot, noisy and wet.
* Ability to effectively deal with internal and external customers, some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact and diplomacy to defuse anger, collect accurate information and offer assistance with guest problems such as plumbing, heating, air conditioning and other general dissatisfactions.