Responsible for performing all spa services including massage and body treatments. To provide a level of excellence in guest service to internal and external guests. Other responsibilities include various tasks for the upkeep of the spa facility to ensure spa standards meet guest expectations. These tasks include but are not limited to the upkeep of locker rooms, hallways, reception area, retail area and individual treatment rooms.
Responsibilities and Duties:
Provides a comfortable and relaxing environment for all guests.
* Knowledgeable on all services provided and must execute each service in a professional and efficient manner.
* Maintains a professional demeanor throughout the service to include the introduction, service and post service.
* Customizes treatments based on guests needs.
* Suggests to guests other beneficial treatments offered in the spa.
* Understands the ingredients in products and can explain their benefits to the guests.
* Answers guest's questions in a knowledgeable and professional manner.
* Understands and uses universal precautions when providing services. Assesses contraindications of guest that may prevent service from taking place.
* Maintains the highest level of product knowledge and has complete knowledge of all spa services presently offered.
* Recommends products for home
* Performs all treatments on services' menu based on current certifications.
* Begins and ends all treatments on time.
* Works assigned schedule.
* Ensures that work areas are clean and set according to procedures.
* Informs the Lead Therapist and/or Spa Director of product needs.
* Creates and maintains client cards with treatment notes, when appropriate.
* Attends all scheduled meetings.
* Attends schedules professional trainings.
* Completes other duties assigned by the Lead Therapist and/or Spa Director.
* Cleans and disinfects all equipment on a daily basis.
* Assists staff with lifting and storing facility equipment, furniture, and products to help maintain facility and prepare for special events.
* Reports any incident or accident to the Lead Therapist and/or the Spa Director.
* Completes all assigned side work.
* Performs other hotel duties as assigned
Ability to stand on feet the majority of the work day.
* Ability to explain various treatments/services to guests.
* Excellent customer service skills and work ethic.
* Efficient, well organized, and able to handle a variety of duties simultaneously.
* Energetic, enthusiastic and motivational.
* Must be able to portray a professional manner, discretion, and appearance.
* Excellent verbal and written skills.
* Strong team player.
* Must be comfortable with product recommendation.
* Must be aware of body mechanics in order to prevent injury.
* Regular attendance in conformance with the standards, which may be established from time to time, is essential to the successful performance of this position.
* Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, associates may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel. This includes nights, weekends and/or holidays.
* All employees must maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance (specific standards available).
* Employee is always required to take on the responsibility and wear appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) as determined by position and duties.
Any combination of education and experience equivalent to graduation from high school or any other combination of education, training or experience that provides the required knowledge of skills and abilities.
Experience: Previous massage experience preferred. Ability to lift a minimum of 25lbs. required.
Licenses or certificates: Must maintain all current licenses and certifications that are required on a state and local level.
All employees must maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance (specific standards available).
Additional language ability preferred.
* Complies with health and safety rules, regulations and procedures to maintain a safe environment.