Experience and Skills
- Assigns, in detail, specific duties to all employees regarding efficient operation of kitchen.
- Select, train and supervise kitchen staff in the proper preparation of menu items.
- Schedule culinary staff so that proper coverage is maintained while keeping payroll costs in line.
- Ensure proper receipt, storage (including temperature-setting) and rotation of food products so as to comply with Health Department regulations.
- Adhere to control procedures for cost and quality.
- Supervise daily cleaning of walk-in and reach-in boxes for safety reasons.
- Maintain vacation schedule for proper staffing.
- Report any equipment in need of repair to Chef or Engineering, for service.
- Performs other duties as requested, such as VIP parties and staff meetings.
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Thorough knowledge of food products, standard recipes and proper preparations.
- Ability to read, write and speak English to comprehend and communicate job functions.
- Finger/hand dexterity in order to operate food machinery.
- Ability to grasp, lift and/or carry, or otherwise, move goods weighing a maximum of 200 lbs. on a continuous basis.
Any combination of education and experience training or experience that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities necessary to perform the functions of the job. Culinary or Apprenticeship preferred.
Licenses or certificates:
Ability to obtain any government required licenses or certificates.
EEO/ Employer AA/V/D